Rijkswaterstaat is the executive arm of the Dutch Ministry of Infrastructure and the Environment. On behalf of the Minister and State Secretary, Rijkswaterstaat is responsible for the design, construction, management and maintenance of the main infrastructure facilities in the Netherlands. The IT department of Rijkswaterstaat has identified the need for a Enterprise Service Bus and has requested Capgemini to deliver a solution within six weeks.
Mr Ritter was asked to take care of the design and implementation of the Enterprise Service Bus and deliver a complete solution based on Mule ESB. The project was a real challenge because of the short delivery time.
- Implement an Enterprise Service Bus based on Mule ESB, JBoss Application Server and HornetQ Messaging
- Install the software in a VMWare Redhat Linux environment
- Define guidelines and best practices
- Provide documentation (installation, maintenance, development)
- Designed and build integrations:
- Idenity management (OpenAM)
- Electronic data exchange (Digikoppeling)
The project was delivered just in time.